Environmental Action Team
Waste Management is a proud environmental partner of the Buffalo Grove Park District.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
Wednesday, May 30 at the Alcott Center in room 6.
Green Fair Vendors
Buffalo Creek Clean Water Partnership
The Environmental Action Team of Buffalo Grove strives to raise awareness, improve our community’s natural environment and encourage sustainability practices for present and future generations.
Buffalo Grove is in the center of Chicago Wilderness, an area surprisingly rich in diversity and native species. Would you like to improve our local environment and meet other people with similar interests?
If so, join the Buffalo Grove Park District Environmental Action Team. As our name implies, we are an action team, and we are looking for new ideas to improve the environment in Buffalo Grove.
If you have questions, please contact Jeff Weiss at email@example.com or 847.224.0965.
Summary of project that the Buffalo Grove Environmental Action Team participates in:
• Traffic control at the SWANCC document destruction and electronic recycling event in September.
• An Adopt-a-Highway clean-up on Deerfield Parkway in October.
• A community seed collection at Mike Rylko Community Park in October.
• The annual Green Fair in June - 20 exhibitors at Mike Rylko Community Park, with many informational and recycling collection booths.
• Participate in the Deer Grove West Earth Day event in April.
• An Adopt-a-Highway road clean-up on Deerfield Parkway in May.
• A Mike Rylko Community Park Workday in May with community volunteers. Lake County Stormwater Management Commission has awarded a $500 grant for this event.
• Members assist in Riverwatch testing of the health of local streams in May.
• Rain barrel sales through the Park District.
• Members and volunteers from the Deer Grove East Forest Preserve process native seeds in December that were collected in the fall to be planted in Park District parks.
March 14, 2017
December 13, 2016
October 17, 2016
July 13, 2016
May 19, 2016
April 14, 2016
October 28, 2015
April 22, 2015
March 11, 2015
October 9, 2014
August 20, 2014
June 18, 2014
May 6, 2014
March 25, 2014
February 18, 2014 meeting
December 4, 2013 meeting
September 25, 2013 meeting
August 15, 2013 meeting
June 27, 2013 meeting
May 22, 2013 meeting
April 17, 2013 meeting