The Fitness Center is owned and operated by the Buffalo Grove Park District. Exercise can prevent heart disease, osteoporosis and obesity; it can also maximize energy, manage stress and minimize insomnia. Our expert team of fitness professionals will guide you through a personalized fitness program that includes an individual health assessment and a personal training consultation. We pledge to provide outstanding health and fitness opportunities in an exceptional environment, with unsurpassed customer service.
2019 CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
The Buffalo Grove Park District is pleased to announce that plans to improve several areas within the Fitness Center are moving forward. The project is scheduled to begin Monday, March 18 and will proceed in various phases of construction for several months until completion in mid-July. During this time, we will strive to minimize the disruption to members and guests while maintaining a safe environment for all.
Planned improvements to the Fitness Center include the following:
- Women’s and Men’s locker rooms will be remodeled with new wall and floor tile, partitions, shower curtains, counter tops, plumbing fixtures, updated and energy efficient lighting and fresh paint. The steam rooms are included in the remodel.
- New sports flooring will be installed in the areas with free weights and selectorized equipment located on the east side of the building.
- New carpeting will be installed throughout public areas of the building.
- A new kick boxing area will be installed upstairs on the west side of the running track.
- New flooring will be installed in the boys and girls locker rooms.
- New area for stretching on the fitness floor.
To minimize the disruption to members and guests, we will try to install the new flooring and new equipment after hours when possible.
In addition to the renovations, several pieces of equipment will be added or replaced on the fitness floor.
- All stepmills will be replaced.
- Ten ellipticals will be replaced.
- One NuStep will be replaced.
- One bike will be added.
- All new overhead TVs for the fitness floor will be installed.
We appreciate your understanding and patience while improvements are made to the Fitness Center.
Summer 2019 Fitness Center Program Guide
Located in Mike Rylko Community Park
601 West Deerfield Parkway
(at McHenry Road/Route 83)
Monday - Thursday: 5 am - 10 pm
Friday: 5 am - 9 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 6 am - 7 pm
Member Services Office Hours
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 8 pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 9 am - 3 pm
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 12 pm & 5 - 8 pm
Friday & Saturday: 9 am - 12 pm
No family hours on holidays.
Tuesday & Thursday: 4 - 6 pm (Lap Pool and Therapy Pool Only)
Saturday & Sunday: 2 - 7 pm (Gymnasium and Track)
Saturday & Sunday: 3 - 7 pm (Lap Pool and Therapy Pool)
|New Year's Day||6 am - 2 pm|
|Easter||6 am - 2 pm|
|Memorial Day||6 am - 2 pm|
|Independence Day||6 am - 2 pm|
|Labor Day||6 am - 2 pm|
|Thanksgiving||6 am - 2 pm|
|Christmas Eve||6 am - 2 pm|
|New Year's Eve||6 am - 2 pm|
Kids Club Hours
Monday - Sunday: 8 am - 12 pm
Monday - Thursday: 4 - 8 pm
Friday: 4 - 7 pm
Athletico is the offical physical therapy partner of the Fitness Center at the Buffalo Grove Park District.